Using the “Cool AR Creator” app, users can create some sort of AUgmented Reality Action (“Aura” or “AR Action”). An Aura is basically the combination of 2 things:
the live view of the reality (a
logo, an object, or any kind of image) through a camera, plus
2. an overlay (a video, an animation, a 3-D object, or just another image) being triggered by the above to be appeared on top of the above
In short, a trigger image + an overlay being triggered = Augmented Reality (AR) or AUgmented Reality Action (Aura).
Steps to create a basic Augmented Reality Action (Aura)
1. Use any camera app of your mobile device to take a short video of something, that will become the "Overlay", and save the video at your mobile device.
2. Connect to Internet. Launch the "Cool AR Creator" app. Tap on the "Camera Icon" right below the "Channel Icon" at the top left corner.
3a. Re-position and re-scale the "view frame" to cover the selected view area as the "Trigger Image".
3b. Pick a "flat" image so that the "recognition slider" at the left bottom corner would automatically slide to the "green section" for maximum recognition strength.
4a. Choose between creating either a Location-based Aura (that its Overlay would be triggered only in one particular geographical location) by sliding the pointer of the "location slider" at the right bottom corner to the "right side" or creating a regular Aura (its Overlay would be triggered anywhere) by sliding the pointer of the location slider to the left side.
4b. Then tap on the "Camera Icon" at the top right corner to create the Trigger Image.
5. What do you want to link the Trigger Image to? Select the "source" of the Overlay (a video, an animation, an image or a 3D model) from either your own library in your mobile device (tap on My iPhone or My iPad) or the built-in Aurasma Channel (tap on Aurasma). After you have selected something, the process of linking the Trigger Image with the Overlay will start.
6. Upon completion of the linking process, you can name your Aura
7. Your Overlay will then load on top of the Trigger Image. You can now re-position and re-scale the Overlay. Thereafter, tap on the Save button.
8. After successful saving, the bubble message confirming that the Aura is available will appear.
Tutorial videos on using Cool AR Creator are as follow:
Create your own Augmented Reality Action (Aura)
Create and view a Location Aura
View a Super Aura
Tips for creating Aura
Delete the Aura